[c-nsp] Field alert tool - or lack thereof

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Thu Jul 14 03:26:57 EDT 2005

I have no idea who should get this inside cisco, so I'll try here.

I subscribe to the product alert tool at:
http://tools.cisco.com/Support/PAT/do/ViewMyProfiles.do
It is defined at:
http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/support/tac/tools.shtml
as 'Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety,
network security and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.'

I have listed Cisco 7600 and 7200 as some of the products I should get
alerts for.

I recently came across some recent 7600 field alerts:
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_field_notice09186a00804093ee.shtml>
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_field_notice09186a00804abc76.shtml>
and recent 7200 field alerts:
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_field_notice09186a008021fdb8.shtml>

Who controls the product alert tool so that field alerts get sent to
subscribers as well?   I think the field alerts are far more important that
the EOL notices I get from the product alert tool.

Thanks,
Hank