??: RE: [c-nsp] Bandwidth Shaping / QOS

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Fri Jul 15 16:12:43 EDT 2005

Joe,

	It's tricky on the 6500s.  Are you applying the config to the sup, or just the MSFC?  If you have a service policy using NBAR on an VLAN interface, I believe it'll have all packets go through the MSFC, and the NBAR will work right.  Or maybe you need to put NBAR protocol-discovery on the VLAN interface to force all packets through the MSFC.  Either way, the PFC can't do NBAR, no matter what platform it is.  If you still want a working config for P2P traffic, let me know.

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495