[c-nsp] Which would be ideal spam control device ?

Troy Davis troy at nack.net
Sun Jul 17 12:37:20 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 03:48:20PM +0800, Ian Henderson <ianh at chime.net.au> wrote:

> Agreed. We use the IronPort appliances along with Symantec BrightMail and
> Sophos anti-virus. Without any spam protection I get about 100 spams a
> day. With spamassassin alone, I get about 30ish a day. With the IronPort
> solution, I get about two or three.

With SpamAssassin 2.6x and Bayesian autolearning enabled (the default, I
think), we're way below 5% false positives and false negatives, both for
each individual recipient and organization-wide (~50 recipients).  That's
with zero manual Bayesian training.  From what I've heard, our results
aren't unique or hard to reproduce.  YMMV..

Troy