[c-nsp] concurrently rate limit and queuing

Tim Rayner Tim.Rayner at csu.edu.au
Mon Jul 18 03:34:25 EDT 2005

We found we couldn't do it on the 6500 platform, even with SUP720s.

We seem to be able to do it on our 3750s however using the command:
srr-queue bandwidth limit 32

Our cisco engineer explained that they effectively implement an idle
queue on the output interface to achieve this.

I know this doesn't help you much, but it took us a while to find that
we could do this on the 3750s.

I hope this is of interest.

Tim.

Tim Rayner - Networks Team Leader |Email: trayner at csu.edu.au
         Charles Sturt University |Mail: P.O. Box 789,Albury,NSW,2640
         Phone : (02) 6051 9886   |Fax: (02) 6051 9919