[c-nsp] VLAN behavior behind FWSM

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Tue Jul 19 17:07:46 EDT 2005

Let's say you have a 6500-series switch with FWSM and you have some
secured VLANs configured 'behind' the firewall module. The VLAN consists
of multiple devices connected directly to the 6500. If those devices are
all in the same VLAN, can they still talk to each other without
involving the FWSM just like devices in a "regular" VLAN?

We have some devices in a secured VLAN that periodically lose
communication with each other for a few moments and I'm trying to figure
out where to begin troubleshooting. I would assume that the FWSM is out
of the picture but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks,
John