[c-nsp] bgp config 3750 -> 7200

Tue Jul 19 21:25:12 EDT 2005

A person i know wants to use me as a redundant connection for his company.
I already have his DS3 turned up and ips bound to routers on both sides
(they are pinging ok).  This is my first attempt at setting up BGP from a
ISP level, i've set up the other end a few times (i'm no expert) and before
i go turning things up i want to make sure that i have the proper
configuration in my switch so that he cannot affect any of my customers.
Below is my current bgp config that i'm using to peer with my provider.  I
am only being sent (and only accepting) default route from my provider for
now but i may change that in the future (plans are to get 7206VXR's) but i
also only want to send default route.

router bgp 33xxx
 no synchronization
 bgp log-neighbor-changes
 network 204.10.xxx.0 mask 255.255.252.0
 neighbor provider1 peer-group
 neighbor provider1 remote-as xxxx
 neighbor provider1 ebgp-multihop 3
 neighbor provider1 update-source FastEthernet1/0/1
 neighbor provider1 send-community
 neighbor provider1 prefix-list default_only in
 neighbor provider1 prefix-list my_routes out
 neighbor 216.23.xxx.xxx peer-group provider1
 neighbor 216.23.xxx.xxx peer-group provider1
 no auto-summary
!
ip bgp-community new-format
!
ip prefix-list default_only seq 5 permit 0.0.0.0/0
!
ip prefix-list my_routes seq 5 permit 204.10.xxx.0/22 le 32
!

I plan to add the following and was hoping to get your feedback and
recommendations about things i should change or implement.  I plan to add
the following to my switch.  I'm doing multihop because there is a older
router the the guy supplied so that he could convert the DS3 to ethernet.

 network 216.73.xxx.0 mask 255.255.248.0
 neighbor 204.10.xxx.xxx remote-as 22xxx
 neighbor 204.10.xxx.xxx send-community
 neighbor 204.10.xxx.xxx ebgp-multihop 3
 neighbor 204.10.xxx.xxx prefix-list customerA:AS22xxx in
 neighbor 204.10.xxx.xxx default-originate
!
ip prefix-list CustomerA:AS22xxx 216.73.xxx.0/19 le 32

>From what i can tell the ISP end doesnt too look much diffrent from the
customer end except that i am filtering what i receive from him.  Thanks in
advance, i hope i'm not out in left field! :)

~Shaun