[c-nsp] 7505, OC3s and BGP

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Wed Jul 20 18:39:17 EDT 2005

>> With BGP, and all dCEF on the router, the RSP is probably going to be at
>> around 8-10% CPU utilization. The RSP8 can hold a lot more memory
>> though,
>> so if you want to take a lot of BGP
> RSP8 more memory?
>
> I thought you only got that with RSP16

I should have said RSP16 for that. The RSP8 does have more packet buffer
memory though :-) I don't see any reason to upgrade to anything but an
RSP16 due to the memory if you need more than an RSP4, since with dCEF the
RSP isn't doing very much anymore. Seems like most are moving away from
the 75xx platform entirely too, and from the list memory for BGP seems to
be one of the bigger reasons.

     -Bill