[c-nsp] Exchange peering caveats

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 05:18:30 EDT 2005

Hello,

We(midsized ISP) will peer with a larger local one.

Connection will be Fastethernet over a router that we use for all BGP
connections.

We are doing this for two things, our traffic will not be going around the
globe to reach them and they have one large data center, that we would like
to take advantage of.

We are trying to imagine all unforeseen problems, some ideas we are looking
at are: customers with their own autonomous systems behind us and behind
them, not being transit...

Any BCP, known documents/book, tips would be most helpful.

Regards