[c-nsp] rate-limit icmp packets

Security security at cytanet.com.cy
Mon Jul 25 16:45:20 EDT 2005

Hello all

I need to rate limit icmp echo and echo reply packets on my interfaces. Any
suggestion on how to do this? Can I do this on asynchronoys interfaces
(Interfaces for PSTN/ISDN connections) also? How can I measure ICMP traffic
undern normal network conditions so as to apply the correct rate limit?

I used the following format for asynchronous Interfaces
rate-limit input access-group 113 8000 1500 2000 conform-action transmit
exceed-action drop
Extended IP access list 113
    permit icmp any any echo log-input
    permit icmp any any echo-reply log-input

Is this OK?

Thanks for your support

Regards