[c-nsp] Load-balancing T1s on a Cisco 7600

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Jul 27 14:55:10 EDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Rodney Dunn wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 12:06:06PM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
>>
>> Is changing mls flow known to / supposed to require a reboot to take
>> effect?
>
> Not that I know of.

I played around a bit with the setting post-deployment, and have not
rebooted since.  I now have:
mls flow ip interface-full

#show mls netflow flowmask
current ip flowmask for unicast: interface and full flow
current ipx flowmask for unicast: destination address

but

#sh mls netflow ip count
Displaying Netflow entries in Supervisor Earl

  Number of shortcuts = 86

>From talking to others, that number of shortcuts should probably really be
up in the thousands.

sh mls netflow ip reminds me of running show ip cache flow on a 7500 RSP
when dcef is enabled.  I think something got stuck when I was
experimenting with mls flow ip settings, and its not really doing
interface-full.  I'm running 122-18.SXD3.  I should probably
upgrade/reboot.