rapid-pvst+ interop? WAS: Re: [c-nsp] Link aggregation/EtherChannel between Cat and Foundry

Dave Temkin dave at ordinaryworld.com
Thu Jul 28 22:46:49 EDT 2005

David,

	I will give that a shot tomorrow and see how it goes.  In the
meantime, has anyone been succesful in getting Foundry's 802-1w
implementation to work with Cisco?  When I enable them both, I get the
following:

Port                     Vlan State         Role Cost      Prio Type
------------------------ ---- ------------- ---- --------- ----
-----------------
4/1                  860  forwarding    DESG         3   32 P2P
4/1                  861  forwarding    DESG         3   32 P2P
NY3P-W09-CBSF-SW01> (enable) show spantree 4/1
Edge Port:           -, (Configured) Disable
Link Type:           -, (Configured) P2P
Port Guard:    Default
Port                     Vlan State         Role Cost      Prio Type
4/1                  860  forwarding    DESG         3   32 P2P,
PEER(STP)
4/1                  861  forwarding    DESG         3   32 P2P

where it actually bounces back and forth between legacy and Rapid.

Anyone have any experience w/ this?

Thx,
-Dave