[c-nsp] Re: transatlantic Internet latency

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Fri Jul 29 20:14:04 EDT 2005

>> 4) Random garbage from deranged minds
>>
>> SJC = San Jose California, a real airport code
>> NYC = New York NY, a fake airport code, but one that is easy enough to
>> figure out.
>
> Nah. Both SJC and NYC conform perfectly to UN/LOCODE. :-)
>
> I've always regarded using airport IATA codes as somewhat misguided. :]

This has always been fun to watch.

How about people who have more nodes than local airports? Sometimes, using
codes that mean something to you is a good thing (tm).

Also, you have those who use airport codes because they think it's the
nearest airport, or don't care. For a while, GBLX had EWR (newark
international airport) which was 15 miles from Newark, but only 1 mile
from MMU (Morristorn Mun Airport).

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net