[c-nsp] Re: Re: transatlantic Internet latency

Clayton Zekelman clayton at mnsi.net
Sat Jul 30 11:35:17 EDT 2005

In Bell Canada territory typically the building code for a CO is numeric and for customer sites alpha.

WNDSON12 - WiNDSor, ONtario 12 (Goyeau Street CO)
WNDSON13 - WiNDSor, ONtario 13 (Avondale Crt CO)
LONDON14 - LONDon, ONtario 14 (Clarence St CO)
LONDONAH - LONDon, ONtario AH (171 Queens Ave - Office Bldg)
TOROON01 - TOROnto, ONtario 01 - (Adelaide St CO)
WNDSONJU - WiNDSor, ONtario JU (500 Ouellette Avenue - Office Bldg)

According to the LERG documentation, its:

4 characters for City
2 for Province/State
2 for Building
3 for Subdivision (POI, Equipment, etc.)

We also have some facilities into DTRTMIBL (1365 Cass, known as "DeTRoiT BeLl" by the old timers - which has a second entrance at 444 Michigan Ave, and a CLLI of DTRTMIBH oddly enough), and SFLDMIMK which is on West 10 Mile in Southfield.

Apparently, they ran out of 2 character building codes in DTRT, as when they opened up the riverfront CO, they resorted to DTRVMI (DeTroit RiVerfront).

The LERG is of course only a subset of CLLI codes, as it only lists switching entities, and some POI's.