[c-nsp] Dumb question: how to use a Cisco 1601R-router as console server

gstammw at gmx.net gstammw at gmx.net
Sun Jul 31 14:12:45 EDT 2005

Hello colleagues,

I'd like to use one of my old Cisco 1601R-routers as console-server. On the
serial/async-port there is a "CAB-232FC DCE"-cable that connect to another
device's serial port.
And now the dumb question begins... What is the command I'll have to use on
the 1601R in order to "open" the serial port?

I guess it consists of two parts: the first one where one has to configure
"interface Serial0" to let's say 9600,8,N,1 and the second one where I
actually "open" the connection. It must be something like attach on a GSR,
right?

Thanks for your feedback in advance,
Gunther