[c-nsp] T1 to VLAN

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Wed Jun 1 14:00:22 EDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 1:42 PM, Lupi, Guy wrote:

> Whiterock Networks just acquired a company called Seranoa, they
> have a box
> that takes T1s in and sends them out as VLANs on a Fast or Gigabit
> Ethernet
> interface.

I have a Seranoa WANPort running in my network, it handles 12 DS-3s,
channelized and converts the HDLC or Frame Relay DLCI frames into
802.1q VLANs on a GigE Interface.  The box has been running in my
network for a couple years now, it works great but I only have 1 DS-3
full right now.  I've heard of problems when you fill it up
Seranoa support was spotty at best,  I haven't had to call Whiterock
yet so I can't comment on their support.

I've never had a problem with my WANPort in operation, I wish Seranoa
survived because this is truly a neat product.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President