[c-nsp] cat3550

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Jun 2 10:03:46 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Matthew Crocker wrote:

> >> There is a limit of 8 routed interfaces on the 3550 too...
> >> For the EMI and the SMI..
> >
> > If by "routed interfaces" you mean
> >
> > no switchport
> > ip address ....
> >
> > no, there doesn't appear to be.
>
> I think if you do that >8 times you are no longer hardware switched
> and you get punted to software

I've got 3550-48's that are mostly routed interfaces, pushing decent
amounts of traffic at 1-3% CPU.  show int stats looks bad, but it looks
the same on a 3550 with no routed interfaces...so I don't know if the
output can be trusted.  Bottom line is, the switches are working with
mostly routed interfaces...just don't tell them they shouldn't be :)