[c-nsp] cat3550

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Jun 2 10:50:30 EDT 2005

On (2005-06-02 10:03 -0400), Jon Lewis wrote:

> I've got 3550-48's that are mostly routed interfaces, pushing decent
> amounts of traffic at 1-3% CPU.  show int stats looks bad, but it looks
> the same on a 3550 with no routed interfaces...so I don't know if the
> output can be trusted.  Bottom line is, the switches are working with
> mostly routed interfaces...just don't tell them they shouldn't be :)

 Control-plane doesn't see any transit packets. So it's normal to see
most packets as processor in 'sh int stats'. This indicates that all
packets that are punted are infact eg. receive packets.
 I'd be more worried if 'sh int stats' indicates most packets in 'route
cache', which would indicate transit packet was cef switched by the cpu.

  ++ytti