[c-nsp] Re: URPF on small BGP-enabled customers?

Jerimiah Cole jcole at tularosa.net
Fri Jun 3 10:05:07 EDT 2005

will at loopfree.net wrote:
> This is new to me, but I haven't bought any new transit in the past 18 months -- is
> this common practice on multihomed BGP customers now? I could force things to work
> by always advertising all my prefixes out to them with the obvious downside of
> living in fear of my outbound traffic being dropped if I ever need to withdraw any
> of them.

What about tagging your prefixes as no-export instead of withdrawing
them entirely?  You'll still get traffic from Sprint and it's customers,
but that's significantly less than you would if they were announcing
your prefixes to their peers.  It may be a good compromise.

If memory serves, sprint honors no-export, or recognizes some other
community that accomplishes the same thing.

Jerimiah