[c-nsp] large scale NAT/PAT solution

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jun 8 04:10:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:17:45AM +0200, Goran Gajic wrote:
> Problem is that users are charged differenty if they are using real ip
> addresses or if private ip addresses are NATed or PATed.

This business model is fundamentally flawed.  NAT/PAT is more expensive
for the ISP, so the users pay less.

Furthermore, ISPs are not supposed to charge for IP address space (as
per the RIPE guidelines that you all signed...).

(I'm now stopping this side-track discussion - the right place to
discuss these political matters would be the RIPE address policy list)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de