[c-nsp] OT: Cisco ADSL CPE

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Jun 11 18:33:23 EDT 2005

You need to turn off keepalives with the command

 no atm ilmi-keepalive

on the atm interface or you will have this kind of trouble.
The cheap Cisco 6xx series don't turn this on by default, the
expensive 8xx and 17xx series do, so when people plug them
into dsl lines that they previously had 678's on, they cannot
figure out why this happens.

Ted