[c-nsp] Maximum supported number of Virtual-templates

Yasser Aly yaseraly00 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 04:37:15 EDT 2005

Oliver,

  Thanks for your reply.

The reason behind needing virtual-templates is to have QoS configuration configured under virtual-template per customer. Customers are terminated under ATM interface as sub-interfaces and each customer has specific needs.

Basically I need virtual-template per customer following this Cisco URL
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080101210.shtml

QoS parameters will be differnet from one customer to the other.

What do you think?

Regards,
Yasser

"Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)" <oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:
Yasser Aly <> wrote on Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:42 AM:

> I need help figuring out maximum number of virtual-templates that a
> 7200 can support.

depends on release, just do

router(config)#int virtual-template ?
<1-200> Virtual-Template interface number

and it tells you the max# (the above was taken with 12.2. If I recall
correctly, the number was increased to 200 sometimes in 12.2T/12.3 (it
used to be 25 in older releases), and it was increased to 1000 in
12.3(8)T and later..

May I ask why you need many vtemplates? Many applications I'm aware of
use Radius to assign user-specific attributes to the vaccess, so they
end up using only a handful of vtemplates, even with a large number of
different customers/users.

oli