[c-nsp] netflow accouting incompatibilities (on vaccess if)

Andre Beck cisco-nsp at ibh.net
Mon Jun 13 08:02:19 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:01:24AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:

> Something that I found in the process: if I set "no compression" on the
> virtual-template, *while the user is only*, CCP will shut down on the
> respective virtual-access interface, without logging off the user
> (and subsequently CEF/netflow will work).  Now *that*'s definitely cool :)

It is cool as long as the other side has ever read any PPP RFC prior
to going to code it. Just try to dialup to some older M$ RAS with any
CCP enabled and then drop it - nasty surprises will follow. At least
I ended up in some kind of TERMACK throwing war...

--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-