[c-nsp] Modern BGP peering border router and DDoS attack defe nse recommendations?

Tantsura, Jeff jtantsura at ugceurope.com
Tue Jun 14 05:48:39 EDT 2005

I've started with - put your vital web based services in a
tier 1/2 SP COLO.
>From my experience decent application based DoS attacks are not about Gigs
of traffic but exhaustion of Web server farm recourses.
Again, proper setup web server farm with decent load balancer in front
+ health check on application level will provide you great protection but
it's very expensive to build it

Jeff