[c-nsp] Question on 7513 BGP peering series

Gordon Bezzina gordon.bezzina at bell.net.mt
Wed Jun 15 12:44:31 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am in a dilemma and could really need a bit of advice.

I work in a small data centre with 7513 primary router running IOS 12.2(27)

Using an RSP 8 with 256MB RAM
And PA-A3 OC3 ATM connection on a VIP2-50

Plus numerous internal Ethernet and fast Ethernet connections on VIP2-40 and
VIP2-50

As of today I three BGP peerings over 2 separate vrf(s) - one vrf with 2 BGP
connections, and another with 1 BGP connection. VRFs are configured with
re-distribution.

Also at this time, I only get the default routes from my peers - but to make
full use of my multi-homed infrastructure I need to get the full BGP tables.

Now I do not know if my hardware is capable to work with receiving the full
routes of the Internet (actually three different routes from three different
peers). That is, do I need to upgrade the VIPs? or RSP? or actually I'll be
better off with a new router.

Hopefully there's someone out there who would have worked in a similar
setup.

Thanks

Gordon Bezzina