[c-nsp] E3 CPE

Vincent De Keyzer vincent at dekeyzer.net
Fri Jun 17 10:54:25 EDT 2005

Hello,

what would you recommend to provide a customer with Internet access at E3
speed ?

We are thinking of something like PA-E3 on a 7206VXR/NPE-400 on the PoP
side, and 2821 with NM-1E3/T3 as CPE.

Question is: can the 2821 switch packets at 34 Mbps ?

Also, there might be other options than a full router as CPE (after all, we
don't need to do more than media conversion at customer's premises). For
instance, for E1 customers, we use E1/Ethernet bridges (from Loop) as CPEs,
and "PPP Half-bridging".

Does PPP half-bridging work on E3 serial interfaces? Do you know a E3/FE box
that supports PPP?

Vincent