[c-nsp] BGP table growth and memory

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Jun 20 22:29:49 EDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Robert E.Seastrom wrote:

> Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org> writes:
>
> > Now why didn't anyone from Sprint or Qwest do that (or at least tell
> > him to go hire someone to do it for him)?
>
> As uttered by Lily Tomlin, portraying "Ernestine, the telephone operator":
>
>    "We don't care.  We don't have to.  We're the Phone Company."

Unfortunately, it seems many operators don't care about a few deaggregated
routes here or there, but then we all complain that router model X is no
longer able to hold a full BGP table and then people either have to spend
lots of $ (which is fine if you work for / own stock in cisco or juniper),
but pretty much sucks for everyone else or implement filters to cut back
the crap routes.