[c-nsp] BGP table growth and memory

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Tue Jun 21 20:45:34 EDT 2005

> But what if the /19 goes away but the /24s remain?  If you've discarded
> them, you have no way to know that you can reinstall them, and now
> you've lost connectivity to that site when the rest of us still see it.

That's an implementation issue and I'm sure the smart folk at Cisco
could come up with some mechanism for dealing with it (eg keep the
discarded routes compressed outside the RIB and FIB for reinsertion if
needed for example).  This had been part of the original discussion and
Rodney was chatting with some engineering type guys about options.

David