[c-nsp] MST Problem on Cat 3560 Switch

Alexandra Alvarado aaaa at telconet.net
Wed Jun 22 20:03:59 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a MST network composed of too many catalyst 3550 (Version
12.1(14)EA1a) switches, and until now all was ok, but recently I replaced
the root switch with a cat 3560 Version 12.2(25)SEB2) switch.  The problem
is that this switch generates too many topology changes, (approximately 100
in a day), the majority of this changes are not seen on the peer switch.
Example:

Switch1 -------------  Switch2    ---------------- switch3

In The connection between switch2 and switch3, you can see topology changes
on switch2 but there are no changes on switch3.

What could be the cause of this problem?

Thanks

Alexandra Alvarado

PD: Logs

Switch2bellavista#show spanning-tree detail

 MST00 is executing the mstp compatible Spanning Tree protocol

  Bridge Identifier has priority 0, sysid 0, address 0013.7fa7.9b00

  Configured hello time 2, max age 20, forward delay 15

  We are the root of the spanning tree

  Topology change flag not set, detected flag not set

  Number of topology changes 96 last change occurred 00:08:03 ago

          from GigabitEthernet0/26

  Times:  hold 1, topology change 35, notification 2

          hello 2, max age 20, forward delay 15

  Timers: hello 0, topology change 0, notification 0