[c-nsp] 12V DC input on 2950

Spencer Wood Spencer.Wood at dot.state.oh.us
Thu Jun 23 08:59:43 EDT 2005

Best bet would be to contact your Cisco SE if you have one.  We have done
a lot of work similar to this, but we always just used a Inverter to
provide the necessary power.  It's amazing how long you can power a 2950,
1400 Radio and a 2600 Router  with a 40 gallon diesel fuel tank on our
trunk <grin>..

Also, if this is going to be something more "Permanent" you might want to
check out the Cisco 3200 Mobile Router.   They are designed specifically
for Vehicle installations:

Mobile Router:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/routers/ps272/index.html

Hard Mount Kit/Enclosure for the Mobile Router:
http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps272/c1161/cdccont_0900aecd802948c0.pdf

Spencer

Spencer Wood, Network Manager
Ohio Department Of Transportation
1320 Arthur E. Adams Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43221
E-Mail: Spencer.Wood at dot.state.oh.us
Phone: 614.644.5422/Fax: 614.887.4021/Cell: 614.774.3123

"Nathan Ward" <cisconsp at daork.net>
Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
06/22/2005 06:01 PM

cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
cc

Subject
[c-nsp] 12V DC input on 2950

We're trying to mount a 2950 in a vehicle as a mobile lab for testing our
wireless network.

There is a 12VDC marking on the back of the chassis next to a plug, which
I understand is for the Cisco RPS chassis to connect in.

We've found the pinout for the connector, and it mentions -48VDC on some
pins and 12VDC on others.
Does anyone know if the -48 is required? Or can we just feed it 12VDC on
the pins marked for it?