[c-nsp] IP unnumbered question. Are isp's using this alot?

robbie robbie at packetized.org
Wed Jun 22 22:45:48 EDT 2005

Or use RFC1918 /31s for the ultimate in conservation.

On a serious note, every provider that I've seen recently (BS, Sprint,
AT&T, Broadwing, Qwest in the past 3 years or so) provides at least a
/30 for link OAM and the like, and most of them assign globally routable
IPs as well.

Cheers,
Robbie

Rodney Dunn wrote:
> And with /31 support you can even be more conservative.
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 05:20:55PM -0700, Scott Granados wrote:
>
>>I have not run in to this at all.
>>
>>Generally, all my circuits are and always have been /30's between them, more
>>times than not actual routed ips.

robbie at packetized dot org <short sig army - one line sigs since 1993>