[c-nsp] GBIC not detected on WS-X6748-SFP

Michael Smith mksmith.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 18:28:18 EDT 2005

Different systems may have different EPROMS on interface modules they
will allow.  Try issuing this command from a global config:

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

and see if that allows it to be seen.

And, if you really are trying to put a GBIC in an SFP slot, then you
might want to take a hacksaw and slice it in half.  That will help it
fit better, and transmit is better than nothing, right?  :-)

Mike