[c-nsp] Re: 7600 recommended IOS ver

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Wed Jun 29 23:09:27 EDT 2005

On 6/29/05, Kim Onnel <karim.adel at gmail.com> wrote:
 > You have a GSR and you want to replace it, i am sure you are running far
 > more than bgp and ssh, else get a linux box with Quagga,

That's an interesting idea.  What sort of Linux-capable hardware can support
1-2 OC48s and 1-2 OC12s along with various GigE connections?

The GSRs were having enough line card failures and it was actually cheaper to
buy a whole new platform than to SmartNet the LCs or buy new/used cards and I
now have a common platform (6500/7600) and need to stock less different types
of spares than I did before.

But I also never did any research on a Linux platform that could pass gobs of
traffic.

--
matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."