[c-nsp] IOS 12.3x on Cisco 7206 (NPE-100)??

Florian Taeger mail at konfu.de
Wed Mar 2 15:44:10 EST 2005

Hi everybody.

I'm experiencing some really weird problems with a Cisco 7206 router. I'm trying
to update this router on a IOS 12.3x.

For this reason I bought a 64MB ATA flash (disk1:) disk in addition to my 16MB
flash disk (slot0:). The first problem I had to manage was to update the
bootloader (11.3x) to a 12.2 version, to be able to boot an IOS from an ata
flash disk. This works fine with a 12.2 release of Cisco IOS & bootloader.

Then I tried to do the same with IOS 12.3, but there is no bootloader for my
router, is it? The Cisco 7206 has got a NPE-100 and a I/O Unit with one
FastEthernet (Cisco 7206 Router - NO VXR). I can't find a usable bootloader,
there is only one for the I/O Unit with two fe ports. This one does not work
with my router at all.

So - can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Is there any way to bring an
actual IOS to this router?

Regards

Florian