[c-nsp] IOS 12.3x on Cisco 7206 (NPE-100)??

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Mar 2 15:52:29 EST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:44:10PM +0100, Florian Taeger wrote:
> Then I tried to do the same with IOS 12.3, but there is no bootloader for my
> router, is it? The Cisco 7206 has got a NPE-100 and a I/O Unit with one
> FastEthernet (Cisco 7206 Router - NO VXR). I can't find a usable bootloader,
> there is only one for the I/O Unit with two fe ports. This one does not work
> with my router at all.

12.3 is not supported on NPE-100 anymore, so it may not work at all.

The boot loader IOS does not have to match the "main" IOS (unless you
need special interface support for netbooting), though.  Just use anything
recent (12.0S or 12.2) that fits into bootflash.

Again, it's well possible that 12.3 will *not boot* on NPE-100, due to
lack of hardware support.  The only supported NPEs in 12.3 are NPE-225
and faster (and the only supported one that will fit your non-VXR is the
NPE-225).

Sorry for the bad news.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/