[c-nsp] VLAN subinterfaces on 7609 Router

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Mar 2 19:37:49 EST 2005

--On Thursday, March 03, 2005 00:55 +0100 lists at hojmark.org wrote:

>> Wes, see my just previous message.  The is mistaken.  The
>> statement is taken out of context and thus takes on the wrong
>> meaning.
>
> If you look at the URL that I sent, you'll see the context.
>
> I've actually asked Cisco and they said that it really is only
> supported, if configured for MPLS. I didn't understand that
> either, so I asked a couple of times in a few different ways.

Hummm...maybe it was incident that it was working in the shop here.  I
can't recall at what point we used it, but it just seems stupid that it
wouldn't work....there again it's reasons like this that have slowly driven
us away from Cisco.

So it sounds like this is one of Cisco's lovely unsupported but what is
often common configuration.  Hell I couldn't get by w/o a configuration
like that here.