[c-nsp] VLAN subinterfaces on 7609 Router

lists at hojmark.org lists at hojmark.org
Wed Mar 2 18:55:00 EST 2005

> Wes, see my just previous message.  The is mistaken.  The
> statement is taken out of context and thus takes on the wrong
> meaning.

If you look at the URL that I sent, you'll see the context.

I've actually asked Cisco and they said that it really is only
supported, if configured for MPLS. I didn't understand that
either, so I asked a couple of times in a few different ways.

This was from the BU via our local SE. When they got tired of
me I got the following:

 >> - what's the rationale behind only having subinterfaces
 >> for MPLS ?

 > A reason is the one I just covered.[1] Another one is the
 > fact that several features do not work or do not receive
 > any devtest coverage at all.

-A
[1] This was related to the reuse of VLAN, which I didn't care
about anyway.