[c-nsp] TACACS+ question

mikus der.mikus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 23:18:58 EST 2005

It's not terribly hard to do in ciscosecure acs for windoze.  We
currently use 3.2.x line, where I create shared command authorization
sets for something akin to "network operations", and limit the
particular commands and args as I see fit.  In the group config, i
have everyone come in at priv15, which gives them full access, and
then limit with command authorization sets assigning the "network
operations" group to limit them.  This works well thus far.

All in all, I rather despise the fact that CSACS for unix is WAY
behind the windoze version in functionality (Slowaris only doesn't
help either - gimme linux already!), but it's about the only Cisco
software platform that is useful and fairly bug free even on windows.
Their management apps are generally rather atrocious for bugs, quirks,
and generally worthless, but I will give props to ACS for being fairly
good once you get used to it.

-mb