[c-nsp] Router 7206 fails when rebooting

BoXeR piestaga at aster.pl
Thu Mar 3 02:55:27 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I am observing that behaviour fopr the last 6 months or longer, but
only now I decided to ask you for help.

The problem happens very often (actualy on each reboot) on few routers
(probably no rules for that) but the most often I see it on
7206VXR/NPE-G1.

When rebooting, the router almost 100% times jumps into rommon mode.

When I connected a console, the following output was displayed:

*Oct 12 11:03:12.279: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by console. Reload Reason: Reload command.
monitor: command "boot" aborted due to user interrupt

I thought that I press any button during startup which send the Brake
sequence.
But after hundred times it happend, now I am sure I do not press anything.

After reset commant from rommon, the router reload correctly.

Any idea what can be the problem, becouse now I can forget about
remote work with router. Any reload, and onsite access it required.?

Thanks
Sebastian