[c-nsp] Open-source tools(Flow-tools, Silktools..) for DDoS detection?

Nitzan Tzelniker nitzan.tzelniker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:18:11 EST 2005

I use flow-tools for DDos detaction I build some perl script that
analyze the csv output from flow-tools based on the victime subnet and
if it over a configureble threshold it genrate snmp-trap to our noc
and insert the victim to our RiverHead Guard for protaction.
it works for more then 1.5 Gbps of traffic from GSR with sampling rate of 1/10
the only problem I think about in your situation is the 7600 because
in my testing it lost a lot of flows

Nitzan