[c-nsp] GRE tunnels(revisted)

Kern, Tom tkern at CHARMER.COM
Thu Mar 3 16:02:38 EST 2005

I'm trying to set up a gre tunnel between my internet router and my internal catlyst 4500 with no sucess. I can't even ping the tunnel ip address from either device. After enabling keepalives, I get "Tunnel0 is up,line protocol is down"
I turned on debugging for the tunnel and i get this-
21w2d: Tunnel0: GRE/IP encapsulated 208.234.241.15->208.234.241.1 (linktype=7, l
en=48)

how can I further troubleshoot this. I'm not doing anything fancy. just a simple gre tunnel, no crypto. i have my firewall allowing gre thru.
any help would be great.
thanks