[c-nsp] VLAN subinterfaces on 7609 Router

Wes Decker wdecker at tellabs.com
Thu Mar 3 20:38:18 EST 2005

Hi all,
    Thanks to all that replied.
    VLAN subinterfaces on Gigabit LAN Ports
    sending  IPv4 frames works (at least in the orig
    configuration I indicated) with  7609 Router.

    I was given a new  version of software for the
    in house GbE Ports and switch and that corrected
    the problem.  Not sure why but my best guess is
    the MAC Addresses in the frames at the Router Port
    were invalid.

     I am not going to say the documentation stating that
     this "only works for MPLS" is wrong....but it sure seems
     to work just fine in my IPv4 VLAN subinterface config.

      Thanks again!
       Wes Decker
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is strictly
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Tellabs