[c-nsp] PIX Question

Matt Hill Matt.Hill at aapt.com.au
Sun Mar 6 20:07:13 EST 2005

Hi Paul,

That really doesn't look too difficult actually...

That could easily be done with a router doing CBAC and using the
port-map command to identify the extra ports (10000, 8443) as extra http
ports.

You could also try playing with the fixup protocol <protocol> <port
number> command on the pix for the extra http ports.  Don't forget no
fixup protocol <protocol> for all the traffic you don't want to be
inspected/fixed.

Use an outbound ACL to permit what you like and deny all the rest.

Just make sure I never work at this site (if I move to the States)
because I would hate a network policy like that ;)

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matt Hill