[c-nsp] 7304 NPE-G100 vs. Port-Channel

Andre Beck cisco-nsp at ibh.net
Wed Mar 16 05:26:47 EST 2005

Self-Re,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 10:45:48AM +0100, Andre Beck wrote:

> I'm supposed to configure an aggregate of 3 GigE's on the ports of
> a 7304 NPE-G100 and was surprised by the IOS missing any trace of
> support for Port-Channel interfaces. Closer massaging of the Cisco
> Software Advisor seems to miss any trace of the word "channel" in
> the feature list as well, so I'm getting the impression that this
> is intentional. Anyone who stumbled over this already and knows for
> sure?

Meanwhile found in the 7300 FAQ:

Q. Is GEC supported between the two GE ports on the NSE?
A. No, GEC is not supported at this point; however, it is planned
   for future.

Well, this is for the NSE100 not for the NPE-G100, and it's quite old
a statement, but as we all know, "planned for future" is likely to mean
"never". Like with 3750s that were planned to support IPv6, 7920 phones
which were planned to support WPA/TKIP etc pp...

BTW, as the NPE-G100 seems like a NPE-G1 in disguise, anyone who could
tell whether a NPE-G1 does support GEC?

--
                  The _S_anta _C_laus _O_peration

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++    IBH Prof. Dr. Horn GmbH, Dresden <-