[c-nsp] Upgrade from 12.2(17a)LD to 12.2(28)S gone horribly wrong...I think.

Aaron Glenn aaron.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:11:22 EST 2005

Chalk it up to lazyness, pure naivete, or a deadly combination of
both, but somehow I've manage to toast a 7513 while going upgrading to
a newer IOS image. In my defense, it was for SAA functionality...(-:

After copying the bin to slot0, setting the proper boot system flash
parameter, writting to memory, and rebooting, the router comes up, but
doesn't see the other RSP nor the two ethernet and two DS3 cards in
it. Of course I didn't notice this fact until I tried to upgrade the
boot loader and couldn't connect to the tftp server.

Whoops.

I've got a formatted bootflash, and two IOS images on one flash card.
I'm afraid to reboot with the previous 12.2(17a) image because my
bootflash is...well...empty. I don't want to turn this router into a
nightstand.

Your suggestions on the best course of action are appreciated.

Regards,
aaron.glenn