[c-nsp] Looking for VMP(S)-Server

Lukas Krattiger luk at everyware.ch
Sat Mar 19 05:00:54 EST 2005

To bring down the administrativ overhead, we have to build VMPS into a LAN
(aprox 300Clients, 5Vlans). The Users don't have a fix working place and are
travelling around in the whole building (no wireless is no solution :-)).
All the switches already have VMPS-Client functionality (cat3560G).

I'm looking for a VMPS-Server other then a Cat4000/5000/6000.
Is Cisco offering something like that ? Does anyone know if the cat3550 is
now supporting VMPS-Server ?
We only want basic functionality like mapping of MAC-Address to VLAN, NO
advanced User-Mappings (cisco user registartion tool).

Thanks for any help
Cheers
-Lukas