[c-nsp] Dead 1721 router ... not even rommon

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Mar 19 04:05:36 EST 2005

Try removing the flash simm from the router and rebooting it.
It should go into rommon without doing a control-break.  Then you can
set the config register back to sane values with confreg 0x2142
(which makes it boot ignoring the nvram config)  You may have to
type blind.

It does sound to me like a serial port baud or parity or stopbit
setting mismatch.

make sure also your sending a break, see:

Ted