[c-nsp] 4-port GE ISE & Unsampled Netflow

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Mar 21 02:29:34 EST 2005

Pete Kruckenberg <> wrote on Monday, March 21, 2005 12:53 AM:

> Even though I can configure the 4-port GE ISE linecard for
> unsampled Netflow (i.e. "ip route-cache flow" or "ip
> route-cache flow input"), it doesn't seem to generate any
> Netflow or have anything in its flow cache.
>
> If I configure it for sampled Netflow, everything works.
>
> So does this line-card only support sampled Netflow?

No. The ISE LC supports sampled v5 and unsampled aggregated NF (v8).
Please set-up a v8 cache, i.e.

int Gig0/0
 ip route-cache flow
!
ip flow-aggregation cache prefix-tos
 export destination <ip-addr> <port>
 enabled

and you can watch the v8 cache on the LC ("exec slot <n> sh ip cache
flow aggregation prefix-tos").

Unlike other platforms, the ISE/Engine3 aggregates directly in hardware,
so it doesn't need to maintain a v5-like cache and is thus able to
collect at OC48 rate (and the E5 will be able to do so at OC192 rate).

	oli