[c-nsp] BGP blackholling with communites

Pierfrancesco Caci p.caci at seabone.net
Mon Mar 21 06:46:00 EST 2005

:-> "Gert" == Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> writes:

    > So if you use next-hop-self, you'll need to do it via route-map and exclude
    > prefixes carrying the blackhole community.

    > Oli - this is an important point indeed.  How do other networks handle this?

I have something like this on each and every iBGP session:

route-map iBGP-NordAmerica-IN permit 2
 description Customer Triggered BlackHoling
 match community Blackhole
 set ip next-hop 192.0.2.1
 set community no-export additive

which basically tells again to the receiving router that it has to
mark that route as blackholed. The "additive" allows me to track other
communities (ingress point, etc...), should I ever need it.

Pf