[c-nsp] uploading a dictionary to cisco CAR 1.7 radius

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Mar 21 06:25:17 EST 2005

Rob Polland <> wrote on Monday, March 21, 2005 12:00 PM:

> Hi all,
> can any body told me how can i install a new dictionary into unix
> cisco access registrar 1.7 working on a sun machine and if there is
> any documents available for that.

CAR attributes are defined within the /Radius/Advanced/Attribute
Dictionary/ hierarchy, here you can define/change the attributes (see
also
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cnsar/1_7/users/
objects.htm#wp1024678)

I don't know of a script which takes a "regular" "dictionary" file and
loads it into CAR, but you might be able to write a small perl-script
which creates the necessary AR commands which then can be fed into
aregcmd..

	oli