[c-nsp] OSPF Default Gateway Route Question

mikus der.mikus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 02:41:24 EST 2005

Have the junipers do default information originate, and manipulate the
type or metric for your needs to prefer one or the other.  You can as
well have the prefered juniper advertise a basic e2 default, and have
a static floating with a higher metric.  If they both advertise a
basic default route, it will equal cost loadbalance, which may or may
not be good depending on firewalls and such being stateful.
Default+E1+interface cost fudge might work too, not positive about
this without confirming since it is a neighbor in this case.  Any
number of ways to skin a cat.

Code on the ubr's and upstreams permitting, you could perhaps get
creative with SAA and route-maps as well...

-mb